- Explosives manufacturing facility
- ANFO – Our initial ANFO plant at Al Hajar was commissioned some 34 years ago with ICI Explosives Ltd. technology. This plant was too small to meet current requirements and in 2007 we commissioned a plant that has a licenced capacity of 12,000 tonnes per annum. We also have a 5,000 tpa licenced capacity plant at Thamrait and a 12,000 tpa plant in Sohar
- Emulsion cartridge – In 2003, we commissioned our own plant to produce emulsion that replaced the slurry explosives we were marketing. This plant has the capacity to produce 3,500 tonnes of various sizes of emulsion. Hajarite Emulsion has been successfully used all over Oman. All our customers have commended that the blast fragmentation is better in blasts using Hajarite. We can manufacture Hajarite Emulsion to the exact requirement of the user, i.e. the cartridge length, diameter and the strength required. Three strengths, i.e. Hajarite 1000, Hajarite 2000 and Hajarite 3000 can be made in 25mm, 32mm, 40mm, 50mm, 65mm, 85mm, 90mm and 102mm cartridge diameters. Please refer to our Product Catalogue for more details.
- Storage facility – We own or operate explosives storage sites at all strategic locations in the country, such as Al Hajar (near Muscat – 150 tonnes capacity), Thumrait (near Salalah, less than 200km from the Oman/Yemen Border Post – 50 tonne capacity), Duqm (50 tonnes), Jabal Wassa (100 tonnes), Sohar (30 tonnes – being upgraded to 75 tonnes) and Madha (20 tonnes), near Fujaira, UAE. We also have access to explosives storage facilities at other locations viz. Raysut in Salalah and Al Kamil near Sur. We are, therefore, well placed to safely and economically supply explosives to projects anywhere in the Sultanate of Oman
- Transportation facility – For more than 15 years we managed the two explosives magazines owned by the national oil company, Petroleum Development Oman, in Fahud and Marmul. We provide logistical support to all major oil well contractors working with PDO (the national oil company) and other oil companies in the import, clearance through air/sea ports, storage, transport to interior locations, etc. for all their explosives products. This we have been doing for more than 20 years. We own large number of Royal Oman Police licenced explosives transit containers and have available with us several vehicles that are licenced to carry explosives. We also offer complete logistical solutions to fireworks displays in the Sultanate of Oman.
- Mining –